Sunday, February 5, 2012

Smell My Fingers

A great way to kick off the spring season is treating yourself to Dior's Garden Party nail polish collection for Spring 2012. Yeah, it might be too early to put away the boots and the coats... but you'll forget all about the nasty weather when staring at your lovely nails.


The 'collection' has two shades: Waterlily and Forget-me-not


Waterlily (left) and Forget-Me-Not (right)

Since I have never tried Dior's nail polish before, I was a little wary about getting both. Just because it is a high-end line does not mean that it will be impeccable. This was also my very first scented nail polish, and I didn't really know what to expect. I'm not a fan of anything scented, really. So, I decided to get only Waterlily for the meantime. 

Packaging
I am a little underwhelmed by the packaging. I suppose that it's simple and clean though, just like Chanel's 


Bottle & Cap cover
Keep in mind that I took these pictures with my 4s. I am way too damn lazy to take out my DSLR just to snap photos of a nail polish. Lol. That being said, the color that you see in these pictures don't even close to the real deal.


On my nails!

Waterlily is a gorgeous soft, jade green with subtle shimmer. Some people who have tried this polish are bothered by the floral scent. Personally, I don't hate it but I don't like it either. I thought that the scent would go away after the polish dries, but it actually lasts! I must have washed my hands at least 20 times since applying this yesterday, and the scent is still there. It is not a strong scent and can really only be smelled if you go and sniff your fingers.

I cannot really do a comprehensive review of Dior nail polish as I've only tried this one--which I DO like. Is it as good as Chanel polishes? In my opinion, no. The formulation is good, although I find that it's quite thick and heavy. I did have some difficulties applying it, but that might just be because I'm not used to it. The brush, however, is FANTASTIC. It is slightly larger than the regular nail polish brush and has an angled tip.

It's more than probable that I will go get Forget-Me-Not as well. It's such a beautiful purple! Also, I'm definitely not waiting until Spring actually rolls around to rock these babies!





Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment